Tuesday

Definition of a student desperately seeking solace?

She watched clips from last weeks Late Late Show on the RTE website during her student break in the hope that Pat Kenny and guests will start discussing Virginia Woolf, or the Mycenaean society and then it will not all have been for nothing. Why didn't Jane Austen or Woolf or Plath take up archaeology? A little bit of compromise is not too much to ask.......

My exams start in ten hours- I still remain calm about this whole situation, I should obviously be kicked very hard. Most people who have an exam plan on having a good eight hours sleep before the blessed event, but oh not I. Fear not- the all nighter is not in vain, I am actually getting quite a bit done- even if some had no faith. I have two exams on the opening day and I cannot wait until it is over and I can come home and hide in my room, I cannot be present when people start dissecting the exam. I cannot stand when people start asking "and what did you get for that answer?"..... it's why I have the urge to bring a large stick to the exam centre with me.

Oh lord- Colourblind by Counting Crows just came on the ipod, it's a sign from God. The most depressing funeral song ever played as my academic career DIES? Doubtful, a super power such as God would never be as concerned.......

It's really windy outside. I sit at my desk with the curtains open and there is a tree blocking more than half my view into the courtyard, it is shaking, almost like it's nervous about something. Maybe the tree is picking up that exams are here and no-one will smile for the next three weeks. Or maybe said tree is chuckling so hard at all of us that he shakes, or maybe the tree is blowing in the wind......

hmmm... The last lyrics of aforementioned depressing lilt.... "I am fine....."

Fitting..... hopefully

If examing it up in the next short time- good luck...... break academia nuts.....

No comments: