Saturday

Have You Ever People Watched?
It is my best hobby and talent- I can make up the most complicated life situations for each character. Let me give you an example. Walking home from work today, headphones blaring to the appropraite decible- I believe the Beatles were my walking soundtrack. It was raining heavily, puddles bigger than the river Lee- cars driving all over the place (well just the road really), and there was this old man leaning up against a window, smoking a pipe that looked older than me. I imagine he was a fashion desinger in Paris during 40's blazing "power dressing" phase, his closet homosexulaity has lead to his nicottine habit and his children (all seven of them) have put him in numerous nursing homes- he has escaped them all, because when he was in Paris he was trained as a spy- worked for the secret service and can speak 80 languages. He had an affair with the Queen, Dali Lama and George Bush Sr. His life with the last 3 years have consisted of him hiding out in all public houses with a popularity census of under a dozen.

We made eye contact and he gave me a knowing acknowledgement.

No comments: