Friday

Many many moons ago... (written October 2007)

There was a time I didn't like college all that much and I decided that I needed to do something, to change it.

So I joined up with a group of people on campus who liked to dress up, tell stories and spend hours in a darkened space trying to make a new world. Sometimes we're pretentious wankers, sometimes we are so good we don't need modesty, other times we do the best with what we have.

This evening, I remembered a Dramat house party I went to a very long time ago- I sat on a bed until 3am eating digestive biscuits with some people and I tried my best to fit in with a group of people who prize themselves in not fitting in with anyone. Needless to say the safest bet was to stay sober to achieve this ultimate goal.

After that night I felt included, not at all intimidated and proud of myself for not shying away from the situation.

Some of the people that I met that evening and ate biscuits with are now my closest friends. How very strange..... and gay.


Her new song cause I miss her!

No comments: