Sunday

The Day of Rest

When I am at home in parent land Sunday is my favourite day. It means mass, breakfast, Sunday papers, Top Gear and making a terrible desert that we will all pretend to enjoy. After the desert is digested (or brought back up), my parents usually go for a walk- cause they like each other. Myself and the siblings will stay at home and watch bad television or play cards in the violent Guiry way. It usually results in mutilated cutlery and at least one family member sporting a new bite mark. But it's all in good fun. We're just like the Waltons,bar the dungarees and the incestuous undertones.

This week I am in Cork and in an attempt to recreate the Guiry Sunday I have used all the same ingredients, however the day is ending up in a total bust and I think it is time to retreat to the brothers abode in the hope that I can attack him with a fork or something.

No comments: