Wednesday

Swallowing is so last season.

If I die of the Hep this may be the last blog... ever... oh what a world....


As I attempt to put together (in some form of haphazard style) my Buster Keaton essay I'm doing something my mother would not just frown upon, she would beat me with a stick if she knew. I am watching television while I do my "school work".

But, and this will be my argument to her if she ever finds out, we are actually watching the state funeral of Paddy Hillery, therefore Irish politics will save the day. Again.

I googled the man this morning just so I would know completely needless facts about him for the rest of the week in case he was brought up in a social situation. He is apparently responsible for one of the few sex scandals Irish politics has ever had to deal with. I think if we exclude Bertie from the list it is the only sex scandal.

I was delighted with the thought that he had done something so JFKish. However my delight was short lived when it was revealed through the accurate research of Wikipedia that the rumours were all lies and Paddy actually spoke out against them, telling the Irish public that they were ridiculous. The idea that he had a mistress in ArĂ¡s with him does seem a little far fetched- the fact that his wife wears glasses and seemed rather tall, none of it was really adding up.

But I will find a scandal for today and it won't involve Britney... or one of the Geldofs....

No comments: