Sunday

The busy outweighs the shuffle.

I completely flaked on the plan, the experiment, the idea- I would like to say this isn't something that usually happens to me, but alas.... We have new babies in the family! Two. One boy- big (I say big... under 8lbs) and brawn with huge eyes and hands that fascinate him and one little woman who likes her cuddles and to worry her new parents through day and night while she gets used to the big world around her. They both are beautiful of course, and so different and alike at the same time it's hard to tell where the excitement of one of them begins and the other ends. Parents are elated and seem to be talking more softly now that they are here- men that I have never really thought as overly affectionate- although always kind, are now smitten with tiny bundles wrapped in blankets that sleep more than anything. Things have changed hugely and yet it feels like both of them have been around far longer than any birth cert can prove. They will be great characters I think, and will keep everyone on their toes... it's their jobs for the next 20 years or so.

No comments: