Thursday

I like to send my favourite author (Harper Lee) a Christmas card and a letter every year. It's not so much a tradition as a habit; I don't expect a reply of any kind, but I feel it's only proper to send someone a card if you do think so highly of them. In this day and age where we think we know so much about celebrities because of all the inane internet gossip that floats around our heads. We are overly familiar with those people we do not know; if I wanted to I could go and find measurements of every actress I admire on screen, I could list a famous actors allergies and I could most certainly find an unladylike photo of Lindsey Lohan getting out of a car. So with that in mind, I seal up the letter to the stranger living thousands of miles aware because I love a couple of hundred pages she wrote once.

No comments: