Thursday

enLIGHTening.... geddit? lights.

I had a long conversation with my two younger brothers today. The youngest of the two- the "baby" of the family decided that we should play the "how well do we know each other game"- it went well, there was no awkward moment and definitely no tears, only one punch was thrown and to be fair- I was asking for it. The second brother, who is closer in age to me, is about to become a father for the first time. He works everyday and spends his evenings with his girlfriend as they get ready for their son or daughter. We discussed the excitement of what is about to happen and the massive changes that will take place in their lives and in everyones who will get to know and love this new little person. Both conversations were important, both very valid. I learnt just as much from the first as I did in the second. It's an amazing thing to me, it's so important to talk to people that I forget that even if I am not at home, I can pick up the phone and talk to them and check in. Also- my youngest brother likes Nickleback.... and that devastation will take months to get over.

No comments: