Sunday

Once upon an imagination...

I've taken to sort a gorilla imagination test this week. Let me explain....

Basically, the idea that ones imagination could just up and leave came into my head at the start of the week, and in a train of utter panic I worried about this occurring. It's like anything else in this world- if you stop practising it when its become second nature and you've taken it for granted then it will leave. Maybe by giving my imagination such a sassy personality I should have realised I was probably okay.

But I started taken the words or phrases everyday and creating a story from it- if it was up to scratch then I'd leave it exist on the history of my iMac- if it was loose stool water.... well, I'd flush it.

The first day I chose a mango, a bucket and a group of history students. They became pirates on a weekend field trip, brought with them a bucket full of ripe mangoes and ended up lost in a cave in West Cork. What they didn't know was that their parents (obviously had staggering trust issues by the way...) had left a track device in the inside lid of the bucket and making sure their children were safe they all had a fun weekend two miles down the road and collected/ 'rescued' the kids in time for Sunday dinner.

It wasn't a great story but I was satisfied that things were alright in my head- well, in so far as my imagination was concerned.

No comments: