Sunday

Lately I have definitely felt that I have needed to change something- I worried about being fickle and that the only person I was actually punishing was myself.

It's true, that's the exact way of it.

But yesterday and today I realised something and I am lighter because of it- not to have too much of an Oprah moment or anything, but I don't actually need anyone other than myself to function- why have I always thought the opposite? I am 24 years old! I don't need a routine, or a rut as it has become known to me. If I have an opinion and I feel it in my gut that it is right then why shouldn't I stick to my guns? I can do things by myself. I have challenged myself in the last year and tried to consider things that I would never have dreamt of attempting before now.

It's ok that I do not understand people- they rarely take the time to understand me so it can lead to a bit more of a balanced existence- hopefully!

It's the culling process I have mentioned before, I really need to stick to the aforementioned guns. It won't always be pleasant, but I think it will be good for me.

I sit here at home in the sun while my mother is gardening in the over grown jungle we like to refer to as "the lawn", my father and brothers are trying to bring in the hay bales today as everyone is going back to their "real jobs" tomorrow and my sister is... well she's married now so she doesn't count (joke...cough).

My mother's ideas of human behaviour are always what I try best to stand by- if you are being treated unfairly and are not being viewed for who you are then you need to get out of the situation while you are still able to walk away comfortably.

She's the hairdresser of my split ends it would seem... but I think it's going to take a little longer for me to like the idea.

No comments: