Monday

Finishing school?- FINISH HER.

The thing about solitude is- no one else is supposed to be there. I am supposed to be happily skipping around the shop, listening to my iPod a little too loudly minding my own daily mail (that is my code for BUSINESS) and I am supposed to be happy.

But today was different, today I came face to face with my nemesis. It was a collide of bodies, swear words (internal monologue) and galaxy minstrels. The person in question made eye contact and respectably said hello in a civil manner- which is just typical of them, always trying to make me feel like I am beneath them with their stupid face and hair and face.

I dealt with it in a mature and enlightening manner.

I stopped, looked and exclaimed- "Ahhhhhh!"

Before turning to the nearest exit.

Thank you internet; thank you for teaching me how to deal with the outside the world.

Or not.

Now- once I realised that I had in fact shouted in a person's face I felt slightly aghast at my behaviour- but then then the Nam flashbacks happened, the memories flooding from all sides and the reason for my behaviour was evident.

I liken it to the time someone told me James Franco was "beautiful".

Burying that body was a nightmare.

No comments: