Saturday

A letter to no one

I am a letter to no one
A cry in the dark
A knock on the door of an empty house.

It's an eventuality of fiction that everything has to end, and more so now reality bangs up and stops us in our tracks. A song, a play, a book, a meal, a conversation, a wistful giggle at the most wonderful moment. To last forever is to morph it into a constant. A thing that we take and take but never think about it until it has run out and we are left without.

It goes for good and bad, light and heavy, the weak and the strong. We last forever in one way and never exist in another. A thought to dwell on and ponder but not in a worrying strife. Perhaps we know too often when things will change, and thus like it that bit more.

My hair never behaves better than on the day it will have the chop. A book never gets so good until the final chapter. Some one's smile is always brighter on the final boarding call of a flight embarking halfway across the world.

I've made all these decisions to change- did you know? To be tougher, stronger. bite the bullet and beat the drum. To march to my own music and seek out the fear and laugh in it's face. It's a change, it's different.And as I embark on it, my old life couldn't love more appealing if it were wrapped in a blanket, cuddled on a bed in the middle of a softly lit room just waiting for me.

No comments: